- One of three core technologies of web development
- Most commonly used as part of web pages
- Today JS can be used in different places: client side (traditional) and server side (node.js)
- JS made modern web development possible: dynamic effects/interactivity, modern web applications that we can interact with
- JS frameworks and libraries such as JQuery, AngularJS and react. These are all based on JS so you must be proficient with JS first before using them.
- HTML: content. Nouns (e.g. paragraph)
- CSS: presentation. Adjective (e.g. paragraph is red)
- JS: dynamic effects/programming. Verb (e.g. hide the paragraph)