Implementation Strategies – 6%
- Given a scenario, determine how to facilitate a successful consulting engagement (plan, gather requirements, design, build, test and document)
- Given a scenario, determine appropriate sales deployment considerations
- Given a scenario, measure the success of a Sales Cloud implementation project
Scenarios and successful consulting engagement phases:
- Requirments gathering
- Sales Deployment considerations
- Measuring the success of a sales cloud implementation project
Agile or Scrum are most popular software development methodologies. Waterfall also popular.
Salesforce CRM Getting Started Guide – very useful.
Salesforce uses Scrum for its own development.
Beta program. Users understand there may be bugs and they agree to give feedback. Takes a while for things to become generally available (GA).
“Agile Accelerator”. Manages software development lifecycle. Can be useful for a consultant.
Planning Phase of Consulting Engagements
Agile Accelerator. Sprints, epics (too big to be contained in a sprint).
Do I need to download and practice on Agile Accelerator? See resources section?
Select a methodology?
What problem are we trying to solve?
What systems are you hoping to require by implementing Salesforce?
- Business Requirements Documents (BRD). Everything starts here, it runs back to the initial questions ^.
- High-level Design Documents (HLD). Craft this document based on BRD, hand it off to developers etc.
- Detail level Design Documents (DLD). This is what will contain information such as Apex classes, Visualforce pages etc, can get pretty complicated
You want to get feedback from technicians etc to keep requirements aligned with technical possibilities.
UX = User Experience
Gather use cases, stories. Look for commonalities to figure out what you need to build.
Can do a powerpoint presentation to present your plan once you have done requirements gathering.
Spreadsheet with questions in columns, and user responses in rows.
Effective requirements gathering is a skill developed over time.
Begin to document high-level design documents. Then detailed level design.
Does a lead process solution as an example? Began with a powerpoint presentation.
Developer console is a useful tool for testing.
Testing may involve creating a report.
Documentation can done in Chatter.
Can post a pdf on Chatter and give it a hash tag.
As a developer working on the platform you want to be documenting everything.
Sales Deployment Considerations
Change management module on Trailheads.
Need to install various things on your machine. Force.com IDE. Eclipse.
You want to be backing up your code, meta data, and data. It’s good to have a system in place because someone might refresh a sandbox or something.
Sometimes deployments come in stages. E.g. predeployment, deployment, post deployment.
You want to export data before a deployment so that if something goes wrong you have a roll-back plan.
Once you have deployed, collect feedback. Seeing what they like and don’t like. Also feedback from the development team, subject matter experts etc. See what can be improved upon.
Executives love graphs.
Salesforce Adoption Dashboard.